The Visual Design Lead will participate in the design of the user experience and provide creative vision across a variety of high-profile engagements. The Visual Design Lead works with UX senior staff and clients to intimately understand each client’s brand & vision, and visually communicate those needs throughout the project cycle. They will present designs to internal teams and clients through presentations, wireframes, and visual compositions. The Visual Designer will be part of a collaborative team of Information Architects, UI Designers, Front-End Developers and Technical Specialists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the Visual Designer will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the client and the project team.
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN.
Please apply today for immediate consideration. Work samples required.
- Work to design engaging and high quality visual solutions and campaigns
- Create multiple sketches, illustrations, visual compositions etc. to help outline the intended user experience of the product
- Develop conceptual design storyboards, mock-ups or prototypes as needed to illustrate the behavior of the products and/or user personas
- Working within the technical constraints of the various platforms
- Collaborate to create beautiful visual designs with our UX design team
- Maintain current, relevant knowledge of user design trends, standards and techniques
- Strong presentation, writing and effective client relations skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree and 3+ years experience in design
- Experience designing for retail & eCommerce
- Demonstrated achievement with innovative design
- Knowledge of interaction design trends
- Proficiency with application design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote)
- Interaction expertise & visual design sensibilities
- Solving interface problems for usability and user goals
- Web skills and prototyping capabilities
- Ease-of-use and user goal-driven designs
- Work on compelling application designs with interface and technology limitations
- Cross platform application design experience (web, mobile, apps)
- Ability to create and refine visual, interaction designs and iconography
- Working knowledge of social media and trends
- Positive, can-do attitude with high level dedication
- Knowledge and Passion with UX and design principles, web standards and best practices
- MUST be proactive with a collaborative spirit
- Contribute to the passion, culture and growth of Echidna
Echidna delivers innovative eCommerce solutions, helping clients meet their immediate goals and achieve long term success with continued engagement.
Based in Minneapolis, New York & Bangalore – Echidna, Inc is a digital services company that specializes in user experience design, multi-device development, and custom services for businesses across the world. We combine the strategy & creative imagination of an interactive agency with the diligence & tenacity of a technology solutions provider. With leadership experience in retail and user experience at Sam’s Club, Best Buy, Anthropologie and others, Echidna is looking for a passionate individuals to help take us to the next level!