Currently, we are looking for a UX Lead to join our creative team. The UX Lead is a critical member of Echidna. This is a hybrid role that helps unify the user and client goals/needs with the creative vision and information architecture standards. This role will participate in the development of the user experience and provide interaction design insights across a variety of high-profile engagements. The UX Lead works with UX staff and clients to intimately understand user needs, becoming the advocate for these needs throughout the development cycle. They present user experience solutions to internal teams and clients through presentations, wireframes, flowcharts and visual compositions. Going beyond the interactive space, the UX Lead analyzes, maps and optimizes the total customer experience. The UX Lead will be part of, and lead a collaborative team of Information Architects, Visual Designers, Front-End Developers and Technical Specialists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the UX Lead will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the client and the project team.
This position is based in Minneapolis, MN.
Please apply today for immediate consideration. Work samples required.
- Help define, design and build various client interfaces by developing user flows, interaction models, UI specs and final graphics
- Work closely with client, product and UX team to understand and translate requirements
- Work to design engaging and high quality visual solutions
- Create multiple sketches, illustrations, visual compositions etc. to help outline the intended user experience of the product
- Develop conceptual design storyboards, mock-ups or prototypes as needed to illustrate the behavior of the products and/or user personas
- Working within the technical constraints of the various platforms
- Collaborate to create beautiful visual designs with our UX Visual Design team
- Maintain current, relevant knowledge of user design trends, standards and techniques
- Strong presentation, writing and effective client relations skills
- Participate in client meetings to capture necessary information during the collaborative UX process
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree and 5+ years experience as interaction designer, visual interaction designer, art director or information architect
- Demonstrated achievement with innovative product design
- Knowledge of interaction design trends
- Proficiency with application design tools (Adobe, Axure, Sketch)
- Interaction expertise & visual design sensibilities
- Solving interface problems for usability and user goals
- Analyzing users' workflow
- Web skills and prototyping capabilities
- Ease-of-use and user goal-driven designs
- Work on compelling application design with interface and technology limitations
- Cross platform application design experience (web, mobile, tablet, kiosk, etc)
- Ability to create and refine visual, interaction designs and iconography in addition to site architecture, wireframes and task flows
- Working knowledge of social media and trends
- Positive, can-do attitude with high level dedication
- Knowledge and passion with UX and design principles, web standards and best practices
- Knowledge and passion for Web Application/Products, wire framing and visual design
- MUST be proactive with a collaborative spirit
- Contribute to the passion, culture and growth of Echidna
Echidna delivers innovative eCommerce solutions, helping clients meet their immediate goals and achieve long term success with continued engagement.
Based in Minneapolis, New York & Bangalore – Echidna, Inc is a digital services company that specializes in user experience design, multi-device development, and custom services for businesses across the world. We combine the strategy & creative imagination of an interactive agency with the diligence & tenacity of a technology solutions provider. With leadership experience in retail and user experience at Sam’s Club, Best Buy, Anthropologie and others, Echidna is looking for a passionate individuals to help take us to the next level!